I WANT TO GIVE FEEDBACK / A SUGGESTION! Excellent! Message us here. We love receiving feedback, both positive and negative. Festival go-er feedback has guided the growth of the Truffle Kerfuffle over the last 8 years and we hope, for many more to come. Also helpful is if you take the time to complete our end of event survey. We send this to all email subscribers the week after the festival. We also post the link on our Facebook page.
Dates: The 8th annual Truffle Kerfuffle will take place June 22-24, 2018. Dates for 2019 will be announced later this year Subscribe to be notified.
Bookings: Tickets on sale now. Booking advised, especially for dining events, truffle hunts and other add-on experiences.
Keep up to date: Subscribe
CAN I BRING MY DOG TO TRUFFLE KERFUFFLE? No dogs are permitted for reasons of truffle biosecurity. We have a strict no animal policy as we have a lot of movement to and from truffle orchards over the weekend and need to protect those precious truffles. Accredited assistance dogs are permitted except on truffle hunts. Please read this for additional information.
WHAT IS TRUFFLE KERFUFFLE? Truffle Kerfuffle is a 3 day food and wine festival celebrating of one of the world's most luxurious ingredients, fresh black truffles, just minutes from where they are unearthed. Manjimup is the heart of Australian truffle country with more truffles found here than anywhere in the Southern Hemisphere. Join in the festivities and be consumed by the heady aroma of truffles at their freshest; go hunting, taste your way through the Festival Village and indulge in truffle laden experiences with world class chefs.
WHERE IS TRUFFLE KERFUFFLE? Truffle Kerfuffle is centred around the festival village at Fonty's Pool, ten minutes from Manjimup. It is close to nearby towns of Pemberton, Bridgetown and Nannup and others which all offer excellent accommodation options. The Shire of Manjimup (Southern Forests Region) is a scenic 3.5 hour drive south of Perth or 90 minutes east of Margaret River. It is easily accessible by road and private charter flight or helicopter.
WHAT IS THE ADDRESS OF THE FESTIVAL VILLAGE? Fonty's Pool, 699 Seven Day Rd, Manjimup, Western Australia, 6258. Parking is available at the Festival Village. Shuttle and private transport options available.
WHAT IS THE ADDRESS OF THE FESTIVAL RESTAURANT? The Festival Restaurant is located at Fonty's Pool.
WHERE DO TRUFFLE HUNTS TAKE PLACE? The Truffle hunts take place at surrounding orchards and selected events are held in locations elsewhere in the Shire of Manjimup. Friday hunts do not include a shuttle service. You will be emailed directions the week prior to the festival. Saturday and Sunday hunts include shuttles buses.
HOW DO I GET THERE? See here for information
TELL ME ABOUT THE FESTIVAL VILLAGE!
- Open 10am-5pm Saturday June 23 and Sunday June 24.
- Booking advised but also available on the gate. Early bird Festival Village Tickets available until midnight April 30.
- No ticket required if you are attending Hunter's Breakfast, Chef's Cabin Series, Truffle Industry Forum or staying at Fonty's Pool Chalets & Campground, Soul Camping or WA Wilderness Glamping.
Your Village Ticket includes access all weekend (just keep your wristband on!) plus a wine tasting glass and tote bag to stash your goodies! Build your experience by booking add-on experiences like truffle hunting, dining events and food and wine masterclasses.
I HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY TICKETS! Please check your junkmail. If they aren't in there, drop us an email and we can resend.
WHERE CAN I STAY? Manjimup is located in the middle of the South West region so there are plenty of towns that make a great base for your festival weekend. Accommodation information here.
I'M CONFUSED BY WHAT TICKETS TO BUY! The Festival Village is the vibrant hub of the festival so start here. You can build your truffle adventure by adding on dining experiences, masterclasses and truffle hunts. You do not need to purchase a village ticket if you are staying overnight at Fonty's Pool or have a ticket to the Chef's Cabin Series, Hunter's Breakfast, Sunday Brunch or Truffle Industry Forum.
WHICH EVENTS ARE KID FRIENDLY? 15 & under entry to the Festival Village is free all weekend. The Festival Village features special activities just for kids with extra activities for children on Sunday. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Dining events and menus have been created with adults in mind and as such we ask parents to make appropriate childcare arrangements. The Closing Party is open to all ages however all children must have a ticket.
HOW DO I GET TO AND FROM THE 2018 DINNER EVENTS aND FESTIVAL VILLAGE? Shuttle services are available from Manjimup, Bridgetown, Pemberton and Nannup. There are no 'hail and ride' taxis so it is essential that you plan ahead. If driving, please stay safe and appoint a designated driver.
CAN I GET A REFUND? All ticket sales are final. For terms and conditions see here.
- Festival Village: The Festival Village is wheelchair accessible however as much of the venue is grassed and undulating so some parts of the venue may be restricted. If you have concerns we encourage you to reach out. Accredited assistance dogs are permitted. ACROD parking available for Festival Village. Please ask the parking marshal to direct you on arrival.
- Festival Restaurant: The Festival Restaurant at Fonty's Pool is wheelchair accessible. ACROD parking available for Festival Village. Please ask the parking marshal to direct you on arrival. Accredited assistance dogs are permitted.
- Truffle Hunts: Wheelchairs, strollers and prams (or similar devices) are not permitted due to the delicate nature of the orchards (truffles lie just beneath the surface and are easily damaged). If you normally require an accredited assistance dog please send an email prior to booking so we discuss if alternative arrangements are possible (animals cannot be brought onto private orchard for biosecurity reasons).
- Fonty's Pool Campground: The Festival Restaurant at Fonty's Pool is wheelchair accessible. ACROD parking available for Festival Village. Please ask the parking marshal to direct you on arrival. Accredited assistance dogs are permitted.
- For independently organised events or services, please contact the organiser direct.
- Questions: Please contact us if you plan to visit the event and have special accessibility needs so that we can best cater to your needs and help you plan your visit.
CAN I VOLUNTEER? We are always on the lookout for happy, hardworking people that are passionate about truffles and want to get involved by volunteering. If you are travelling through the region and willing to volunteer 5-10 days around the event period, we may be able to offer accommodation assistance. Drop us a line firstname.lastname@example.org
CAN I HOST A STALL? If you're interested in hosting a stall, please register here.
I CAN'T FIND THE ANSWER I NEED! Just get in touch via the appropriate email. We are only a tiny team so during busy periods it can take us a while to get back to you so apologies for any delays.
WHO OWNS TRUFFLE KERFUFFLE? Truffle Kerfuffle is 100% locally owned by a not for profit association, The Truffle Kerfuffle Inc.
"Invite the world to experience a unique winter festival in Manjimup, the heart of Australian truffle country; celebrating our people, place and premium produce.”
- Drive brand awareness for Manjimup truffle and the region’s position at the heart of Australian truffle country.
- Deliver economic impact for the Southern Forests region.
- Deliver a high quality destination tourism experience.
- Drive brand awareness for the Southern Forests region as a winter tourism destination rich in natural beauty, premium produce and hands-on experience