25 June 2017, 8am - 11:30am
A not to be missed forum for all those involved in the Truffle Industry. Featuring truffle producers and speakers from across Australia and the world.
Growers will have the chance to learn about advances in production systems, develop new contacts within the industry and engage directly with researchers and fellow growers.
Your forum pass will allow give you access to the Truffle Kerfuffle Festival Village all weekend.
This event is made possible with the support of Manjimup Underground, The Truffle Kerfuffle Inc, Department of Agriculture and Food, Western Australia (DAFWA) and Truffle Producers of Western Australia (TPWA).
- 0800 Welcome Anne Mitchell (Manjimup Underground)
- 0805 Introduction Wally Edwards (Chair, Truffle Producers, Western Australia (TPWA))
- 0815 Soil Science for Truffle Orchards Christine Fischer (Truffle researcher at the Forest Sciences Centre of Catalonia, Non-wood forests products, Catalonia Spain)
- 0835 Irrigation Research and Practice in Spain Daniel Oliach (Head of Research Group for the Forest Sciences Centre of Catalonia, Non-wood forest products, Catalonia Spain)
- 0855 Understanding Tree Health and Truffle Production Celeste Linde, Plant Pathologist (Truffle Researcher, Australian National University, Canberra)
- 0915 International Research Snippets with Implications for the Grower Anne Mitchell (Manjimup Underground, Manjimup)
- 0930 Break
- 1000 Truffles in the Eastern USA Olivia Taylor President (North American Truffle Growers Association), Pat Martin (Virginia Truffles LLC) and Anderson Cromer (Truffle grower, North Carolina USA)
- 10.25 Integrated Pest Management in Truffle Orchards Stewart Learmonth (Entomologist, Department for Agriculture ad Food, Western Australia)
- 10.50 Developing Sustainable Markets for Australian Black Truffle Gavin Booth (Managing Director, Australian Truffle Traders, Manjimup)
- 11.15 Q and A with all speakers
Please enter promotional code to make the session available for purchase. This session is being made available to Truffle Growers before being opened to the public. Contact Manjimup Underground to obtain the code.