22 June 2018, 12pm - 5pm
The festival's annual Truffle Industry Forum for the truffle industry brings together local, interstate and international guest speakers from all sectors of the industry.
12.00-17.00, The Kingsley, MANJIMUP (PLEASE NOTE NEW SUBSIDISED PRICE)
Forum INCLUDES LUNCH, REFRESHments AND FESTIVAL VILLAGE ENTRY FOR THE WEEKEND
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear international perspectives on production systems, develop new contacts within the industry and engage directly with researchers and fellow growers. The 2018 keynote presentation will be delivered by Pierre Sourzat of Station d'Expérimentation sur la Truffe, France. Pierre will be presenting his overview of truffle growing in Europe over several decades, and his perspectives on the international truffle scene. Our second international speaker, Damien Berlureau of Agri-Truffle Nursery, will present the French experience with developing nursery standards for truffle-inoculated trees.
The festival's annual truffle industry's Truffle Growers Forum brings together local, interstate and international guests speakers from many sectors of the industry.
Your ticket includes a light lunch and all weekend access to the Truffle Kerfuffle Festival Village. A group of forum participants will be attending Guy Grossi's Feast and Fire Opening Night Long Table Dinner after the forum. You have the option to include this within your ticket.
FEATURING PRESENTATIONS BY
- Convener: Anne Mitchell Consultant Scientist and Truffle Grower, Manjimup Underground, Western Australia
- Opening Address: Wally Edwards Chair, Truffle Producers Western Australia
- Keynote Presentation: Pierre Sourzat Station d'Expérimentation sur la Truffe, France
- Quality Standards for Nursery Tree Production: Damien Berlureau CEO, Agri-Truffe, France
- International Research Update: Anne Mitchell Consultant Scientist and Truffle Grower, Manjimup Underground, Western Australia
- International Market Development: Gavin Booth Truffle Grower and Managing Director, Australian Truffle Traders, Manjimup
- Tree Health and Truffle Production: Celeste Linde Plant Pathologist and Truffle Researcher, Australian National University, Canberra
- Pest and Disease in Truffle Orchards: Stewart Learmonth Entomologist, Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development
- Additional speakers to be announced
This festival event is made possible with the generous support of Manjimup Underground and Truffle Producers Western Australia.